LipiFlow for Extreme Dry Eye in Milwaukee
Get rid of frustrating Dry Eye once and for all
LipiFlow is a powerful new treatment that will finally relieve the uncomfortable side effects from extreme dry eye. Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD) is an eye condition that affects the glands within the eye lid that help to make tears. MGD is very common among adults, but many don’t even know that they have it. If you’ve been diagnosed with MGD, schedule an appointment with Grange Vision now to finally get relieve your eyes deserve.
Short term treatments for dry eye symptoms include:
- Warm compresses
- OTC eye drops
- Eyelid massages
Unfortunately, many forms of dry eye are too severe for these eye relief tactics to make much of a difference. That’s why LipiFlow is the most effective dry eye treatment we recommend when you’re ready to get rid of symptoms once and for all. Symptoms of severe dry eye include:
- A stinging or burning sensation
- Stringy mucus in or around your eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Eye redness
- A sensation of having something in your eyes
- Difficulty wearing contact lenses
- Trouble driving at night
- Watery eyes
- Blurred vision
- Eye fatigue
If you’ve had any these symptoms for a prolonged period of time, it’s important to schedule an eye exam so no damage or complications occur. Tears are important for protecting the surface of your eyes from infection. People who suffer from dry eyes have an increased risk of infection, inflammation and corneal abrasions which can ultimately lead to vision problems. Put an end to chronic dry eyes and ask an experienced Grange Vision eye specialist about LipiFlow for a more permanent solution.
What to Expect from your LipiFlow Treatment
- You will be seated comfortably in a standard exam room chair.
- 1 or 2 drops of mild anesthetic are applied to the affected eye(s). This will numb your eye area to prevent any discomfort.
- A disposable LipiFlow eyepiece & lid warmer is put under the eyelid. Once it’s in place, you will close your eyes around the eyepiece.
- When the device is activated, patient will experience a warming sensation as the treatment begins. Your doctor will check in to see if there is any discomfort & adjust accordingly, as there should be none.
- The full treatment takes approximately 12 minutes to fully remove blockages from tear glands. Pressure on the eye will increase & decrease, but the treatment as a whole should be entirely painless.
- It will take up to two weeks after treatment for dry eye symptom relief